Business Operations Support
Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership offers several options for enhancing your business operations that will assist you in growing in Shiawassee County. Contact us to determine the best fit for your business, as eligibility varies.
Also, take a look at incentives that may also be available:
- Export Assistance: Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership partners with the U.S. Department of Commerce to ensure you have access to experienced specialists who can help your business in buying and selling goods and services abroad.
- Government Contracting Assistance: Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership partners with the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), housed at the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce, to offer help to businesses interested in selling goods and services to local, state and federal governments. You can learn how to register to become a government contractor, identify bid opportunities, simplify the bidding process, expedite payments through electronic invoicing and get assistance with post-award activities.
- Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC): The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC) offers innovative training and consulting services designed specifically for small to midsize manufacturers, including assistance in areas such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement, quality systems, management and market diversification.
- Performance Benchmarking: A MMTC service that identifies the key characteristics of your business operations, compares you with your competitors in- and out-of-state, offers support to fix any deficiencies and meets many certifications requirements. It normally costs $595, but is free when you are an SEDP client.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The SRCC has a Michigan SBDC satellite office which provides free business counseling on issues such as business planning, financing and marketing. It also offers educational seminars and provides research services.
- Wage & Benefit Survey: Do you wonder how your wage and benefit structure compares to other local companies? Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership and it’s regional partners conduct a regular survey of Shiawassee County companies to determine aggregate wage and benefit levels in the region.
- Workforce Hiring and Training: Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership partners with local workforce assistance providers to help you hire and train workers. Contact Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership for more information.