Doing Business Here
Shiawassee County, Michigan has a lot to offer businesses, including:
- A large population base and workforce – of 849,000 and 410,000, respectively – within the seven-county I-69 Thumb region, and four county I-69 International Trade Corridor region respectively
- A cost of living that is 13% below the U.S. average, buttressed by an affordable median home cost of $105,500 which is 43% below the U.S. average
- Median wages that are well below the U.S. average
- An expansive array of incentives and support, including business operations support, as well as grants, loans and other incentive programs
- A pro-business environment, including right-to-work legislation, low union activity and significant tax reforms
In addition, the Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership team provides expanding and relocating companies with assistance in accessing incentives, locating appropriate sites and buildings and serving as your advocate to other support agencies and organizations.
SEDP will guide you to informed decisions for your business, and provide the support necessary to execute your plans.
Contact Justin Horvath to start learning about the advantages of doing business in Shiawassee County, Michigan.