You will find that there are a large number of incentives which are available to companies expanding in or relocating to Shiawassee County, Michigan. A summary of these is included below.
- Unless noted otherwise, assume that each program is available throughout Shiawassee County.
- Items in bold are the most popular programs.
- You may also be interested in Business Operations Support options that are available.
Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership will identify the complete package of operational financing and incentive opportunities available to your business, assist in the application process and serve as a liaison to officials who authorize them. Contact us for information on eligibility and other requirements.
- Incumbent Worker Training
- On-The-Job Training
- Going Pro Training Fund
- Agribusiness Financing Programs
- Capital Access Program
- CDBG Revolving Loan Fund
- Emerging Technologies Fund
- Michigan Collateral Support Program
- Michigan Loan Participation Program
- Private Activity Bonds
- SBA 7a & SBA 504 Loans
- Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce Revolving Loan Fund
- Taxable Bonds
- USDA Rural Development Business & Industry Loans
Tax Abatements (Available everywhere in Shiawassee County, Michigan unless otherwise noted)
- Agricultural Processing Renaissance Zones
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (everywhere in county – there is a countywide authority)
- PA 255 Commercial Redevelopment Act (any city or village)
- PA 210 Commercial Rehabilitation Act
- PA 198 Industrial Property Tax Abatement
- Next Michigan Development Act (only communities which are members of the I-69 International Trade Corridor)
- PA 146 Obsolete Property Rehabilitation Act (Corunna & Owosso)
- PA 328 Personal Property Tax Abatement PA 328 (only communities which are members of the I-69 International Trade Corridor)